Resilience and the Environment - Te manahau me te taiao
We want our city to be stronger and our people better prepared.
We have obligations as kaitiaki (guardians) of this city. We are preparing the city to better cope with shocks; we consider the impact of the city’s carbon emissions, how they can be reduced, and how we can adapt to the impacts of climate change. Making our infrastructure and communities more resilient to these environmental factors is at the heart of our 2019/20 work programme.
Find out what key projects we are investing in for 2019/20:
- Water, Wastewater and Stormwater work programme
- Built Heritage Incentive and Resilience Fund
- Coastal Structures
- Band Rotunda
- Restoring our environment
- Earthquake prone buildings
- Carbon emissions
- Makara Peak
- Zoo upgrade
- Responsible camping
- Adaptation to rising sea levels
Consultation has concluded