Housing and Community Wellbeing - Te oranga ā-whare, ā-hapori
We want to improve community wellbeing and ensure all Wellingtonians are well housed.
Our population has been growing steadily. Up to 280,000 people are expected to call Wellington home by 2043. This means we will need to improve and increase our infrastructure and facilities and the city needs to add up to 30,000 more homes to accommodate new arrivals.
Find out what key projects we are investing in for 2019/20:
- Arlington development
- Alex Moore Park sports hub
- Community Housing support
- Stakeholder partnerships
- Strategic Housing Investment Plan (SHIP)
- City Housing Policy Settings
- Central Business District (CBD) building conversions
- Improving community wellbeing
- Housing strategy
- Wellington City library
Consultation has concluded